Welcoming, Authentic Catholic Therapy
Most therapy is designed to help us cope with our brokenness. Healing happens in relationship, especially with God. Why is it that we can pray, receive Communion, and go to confession yet never seem to be healed?
St. Thomas Aquinas said, "one reception of Holy Communion is enough to completely heal us!" How come it often doesn't work? St. Thomas goes on to say, the reason healing does not occur is due to (psychological) "impediments", meaning things that block healing graces.
I strive to help people discover their psychological impediments and seek healing through the Truths of the Church by means of sacramental graces. I use therapeutic techniques and teaching, which leads to identifying and removing the impediments that block healing.
Furthermore, for those who are not practicing Catholics or have any faith tradition, I am able to use traditional therapeutic techniques that increase one's coping skills with any presenting issue or problem. I have found that with an increase in coping skills, one can often gain interest and hope towards potential healing.
- M.A. Counseling Psychology
- B.A. Human Behavior with emphasis in Chemical Dependency
- 2 years Orthodox seminary training: solid understanding of Scripture and church teaching, Extensive training in St. John Paul's Theology of the Body, and Deliverance Ministry training
Marriage and Family Therapist
Kenneth Bryan Kelso
License # LMFT88603
California Board of Behavioral Science
- Married Couples
- Children and Adolescents
- Chemically Dependent
- Mentally Ill
- Eating Disorders
- Adult Children of Alcoholics
- Sexual Abuse Victims
- Depressive Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Child Bearing Loss
- Post-Abortion Syndrome
- Sexual Identity Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Dissociative Disorders
- Same sex attraction conflicts
- Sexual addictions and related difficulties
- Post abortive syndrome