Welcoming, Authentic Catholic Therapy
Most therapy is designed to help us cope with our brokenness. Healing happens in relationship, especially with God. Why is it that we can pray, receive Communion, and go to confession yet never seem to be healed?
St. Thomas Aquinas said, "one reception of Holy Communion is enough to completely heal us!" How come it often doesn't work? St. Thomas goes on to say, the reason healing does not occur is due to (psychological) "impediments", meaning things that block healing graces.
We strive to help people discover their psychological impediments and seek healing through the Truths of the Church by means of sacramental graces. We use therapeutic techniques and teaching, which leads to identifying and removing the impediments that block healing.
Furthermore, for those who are not practicing Catholics, or have limited or no faith tradition, We use traditional therapeutic techniques that increase one's coping skills with any presenting issue or problem. We find that with an increase in coping skills, one can often gain interest and hope towards potential healing.
A ship may sail in different directions, north or south, east or west, driven by various winds, yet the needle of its compass will always point towards the pole star. Likewise, let everything turn upside down, not only about us but also within us: whether we are sad or happy, relaxed or restless, in peace or in turmoil, in light or darkenss, in temptation or assurance, in attachment or aversion, in aridity or ardor, scorched by the sun or refreshed by the dew, always ensure that your heart, soul and spirit, are always, as the needle of the compass, turned towards God our Creator and Saviour, our unique and sovereign good.
~ St. Francis de Sales
- M.A. Counseling Psychology
- B.A. Human Behavior with emphasis in Chemical Dependency
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Kenneth Bryan Kelso License #LMFT88603California Board of Behavioral Science
- 2 years Orthodox seminary training: solid understanding of Scripture and church teaching, Extensive training in St. John Paul's Theology of the Body, and Deliverance Ministry training
- EMDR certified
- Internal Family Systmems Informed Therapist
- Skilled at intergration of faith and psychology
- Chandra Sekhar Potnru - Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (AMFT) 129809 California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Pursuing Psy.D. in Marriage and Family Therapy, Alliant International University (In Progress)
- Integration of Salesian Spirituality and Psychotherapy
- M.S. in Marraige and Family Therapy, Friends University, Wichita, Kansas.
- Clinical Pastoral Education 4 Units, (NACC Certified Board Chaplain)
- Gottman' Marital Therapy Training Level 1 & Level 2
- M. Sc. Counseling Psychology, Martin Luther Christian University, Shillong, India
- Bachelor of Theology, St. Peter's Pontifical Institute, Bangalore, India
- Bachelor of Philosophy, Suvidya College, India
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature, Bangalore University, India.
- Supervised by Bryan Kelso
Children and Adolescents
Adult Children of Alcoholics
Sexual Abuse Victims
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Child Bearing Loss
Sexual Identity Disorder
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder : PTSD and Complex PTSD
Same sex attraction conflicts
- Sexual addictions and related difficulties
- Post Abortive Syndrome: PAS
- Trauma recovery